21 October, 2011

Template for a piano card

Hello there!

Lately I've got so many requests about a template for a piano card, that I decided to make it and show it here. I did not write any sizes, as it depends, how big you want it. 



Short explanation:

1. Cardstock paper to make a card stable. 
2. You need two of those: one is black for back side of a piano, and second - note paper inside.
3. Black top part of a piano with opening. Larger part is glued on a cardstock and covered with note paper, when the opening is on a top. The marked spot is for a stick to keep it open.
4. The edge around a card, except a keybord.
5. The stick 
6. The divider between keybord and main part of a piano. 
7. Lower edge round the keybord (you can as well use the same long higher edge around the whole card, just lower it around a keybord).

p.s. do not forget to glue everything to a cardstock using strong glue. Leave the back side black paper for the end, as it will cover all glued edges.


Have a good srapping day!

18 comments:

busymartha said...

What a gorgeous card this is! Thanks for sharing, Marilyn

Cattiegirl said...

Oh, Thank you so much for the helpful tutorial! I do hope I can create a similar card to the lovley one you've done!
Hugs
//Cattie

Patti Jo said...

Love your Piano Card and that is so nice of you to share the instructions! Thank you!!! Fabulous work!!!

nylene said...

What a beautiful card. You are so kind to include instructions. Thank you very much.

Carole said...

A great and perfect waste of time. How fun. I just love this card. I can't wait to recreate it. I found you on Pinterest. I will post my card on my blog and add your link.Thanks for sharing Be well Carole
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com

Astrid Maclean said...

This is such a great creative idea and a lovely card too!! Yes, the perfect waste of time, but what a good way to be wasting it lol!
I found this on Pinterest too and will repin it straight away. Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Just found this card on a friends pin interest...I just had to drop in and say I think it's beautiful
Leza XX

Lois Michael said...

Love this!!!!! Thank you for the template & tutorial.

Lois Michael said...

Love this! Thank you for the template and tutorial.

Letnee-utro said...

Wow! Just wow!

Очень красиво и романтично!

Gayle Galura-Scott said...

I was so inspired by your adorable card and made it for my friend who is a great pianist. I made mine with piano legs and made it into a collapsible card that folds flat. I made special mention of your blog and thanks you for the inspiration. Thanks you so much for sharing.

http://ligayatg.blogspot.com/2012/06/piano-card.html

Gayle

Henny Kremers said...

I love your piano and hope that I may have him too?
Greatings HennyKremers

Gayle Galura-Scott said...

I fell in love with your adorable card when I saw it on Pinterest and made it for my friend who is a pianist. I made special mention of your blog to thank you and put a link to your blog. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

Gayle
http://ligayatg.blogspot.com/2012/06/piano-card.html

Camille Short said...

I love your piano card...you took a simple card and stepped it up! Beautiful!

Hank hendricks said...

what a beautiful card this is...thanks for the template and the tutorial.

Aussie Carolyn said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing the template.

Лилия Михайличенко said...

Loriete, thank you so much for sharing a template. Here is my piano http://liliyamikhailichenko.blogspot.ru/2013/01/blog-post_5703.html

Cards By Jan said...

Thanks for sharing...I hope I can figure out a size...but your card is Just BEAUTIFUL!!